Who We Are
Barclay Downs is a prestigious residential neighborhood of single-family homes that range from charming starter homes in the mid-$300,000 to luxury estates valued at over $1,000,000. Located just north of SouthPark Mall, one of the largest and most upscale shopping centers in the Carolinas, Barclay Downs is within easy walking distance of award-winning schools, a regional library, a swim and tennis club and a variety of restaurants and retail options.
The Barclay Downs Homeowners Association is a member organization whose stated mission is to “promote good fellowship among neighbors, and to protect and improve the neighborhood”. Membership dues are $25 paid annually. Dues are used to fund a variety of projects that enhance residents’ quality of life, such as:
- A communication system that includes a website, Facebook page and email updates that create a strong sense of community;
- Pet alerts that help to reunite missing pets with their owners;
- An active Neighborhood Crime Watch program that provides residents with crime statistics and works with CMPD to ensure our neighborhood remains a safe community;
- Projects that support our neighborhood elementary, middle and high schools;
- Legal and professional services to protect residents’ rights and property values;
- Landscaping and traffic enhancement projects that are used to beautify the area and create a safer environment for pedestrians; and
- Member only picnics and events.
Beginning June 1, 2016, only paid BDHOA residents will receive HOA newsletters and updates on activities occurring in the area. HOA informational updates include important information on on-going rezoning petitions, updates on street and traffic related projects and reminders about happenings and events in the area. Our missing pet alert system also will be available to paid members only. The HOA will continue to send crime watch information to all residents in the neighborhood and post information on our website.
Board and officers are elected at the annual meeting in February. Please click on link to review Annual Meeting agenda and bio on new Board Members (agenda). Our board is comprised of volunteers who want to help keep Barclay Downs a thriving, safe neighborhood to live in as Charlotte and the SouthPark area continue to grow. If you would like to serve or want more information about our board or HOA, please email the association president.
2016-17 Board Members – Officers
Becky McGrath -email@example.com
Lynn Banks firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa Hovey – (social committee and street captains)
- Katie Simmons – (Pet alerts)
- Keri Bartholomew
- Anne Sauvain
Amended association by-laws include some streets not part of the original Barclay Downs subdivision. Homes within our association boundaries may vary as to deed restrictions.
*Also note that these amended boundaries differ from Barclay Downs Swim and Racquet Club’s membership boundaries. Please check with the club for membership eligibility. That website is bdswimclub.com.
Bylaws amended 2-16-17 (dues increase from $15-$25)