The SouthPark Association of Neighborhood Board new Website: www.spancharlotte.org
Next board meeting will be Feb. 20th 2020 @ Sharon Towers.
- Rezoning Community Meeting- Jan. 30th at 5:30 at Remax Office Bld on Coltsgate. There is a required Community Meeting at ReMax offices (2901 Coltsgate) to review a rezoning request to build a 6-story office building and 5-story parking lot on this .12 acre site. The Petitioner has not yet met with our Rezoning Committee and there are several questions about this project that need to be clarified. It would be helpful to have SPAN members attend this meeting as the notice only was sent to surrounding institional investors. To see the filed site plan, go to the city rezoning website 2019-174
- Center City Stakeholder meeting -Feb 17th @ 6 pm at Morrison Library. Center City Partners is holding a community engagement meeting to discuss their 2040 Vision Plan. The meeting is an opportunity for SouthPark residents to hear what is planned for Uptown and share their ideas for enhancing the city’s core.
SPAN Update from BDHOA Meeting on Feb 13th
Current projects with scheduled completion dates:
- Laurelwood Townhomes – Q1 2020
- The Barclay at South Park – Q3 2020
- The Hazel – Q3 2020
- Capital Tower 3 – none at this time
- AC Marriott – Complete – Rooftop Bar opens Spring 2020
- The Colony – demo phase – future tenants include Publix, Lifetime Fitness, and a movie theater.
- The Apex – 2021
Symphony Park –
- The city hired a consultant to conduct a feasibility study for park reuse.
- SPAN is working with Councilman Bokhari to encourage Simon Properties to redevelop the site to be a town square.
- SPAN is working with the city to complete the first segment of the trail that will go from Park Rd. to Park Dr. S.
- The city hired a consultant to identify how to fund the loop through donations.
- So far, Loop has received commitments of almost $4M from developers along the Loop.
ReMax Office (Coltsgate)
- 6 story office building with a 5 story parking garage
Dominion Realty Residential (Fairview)
- 16 story residential tower
- Myers park neighbors do not want new facilities due to traffic concerns.
- SPAN is working with the city to try and relocate the project to Park Road Park.
- Relocation is unlikely.